ft size-full wp-image-4234″ />The U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh disapproved Samsung’s plea to lift the ban on the sale of Galaxy Nexus smartphone in the US that is imposed against the complaint that was filed by Apple for infringing most of its registered patents.
The U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh, last week granted Apple’s request for the preliminary injunction, said there was inadequate proof to bring stay on the injunction for the duration of a Samsung appeal.
The Judge ordered to impose preliminary ban with respect to Apple’s allegation made in February that Samsung infringed on several of its patents while developing Galaxy Nexus. The injunction, which would keep the Samsung device from being sold in the U.S. stores, can go into effect as soon as Apple posts a bond of nearly $96 million.
Samsung’s appeal, which was filed Sunday with the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit it’s a court which specializes in intellectual property disputes -argued that there was inadequate proof that Apple and Samsung were competitors.
Samsung claims that it’s a disappointed by the decision however will still continue with the injunctions.
Samsung spokesperson said, “We believe today’s ruling will ultimately reduce the availability of superior products like Galaxy Nexus is to consumers in the United States. Meanwhile, we are also working closely with Google to resolve this matter, as the patent in question concerns Google’s unified search function.”
Google started selling Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus directly to consumers in April. The device, which now costs $349, originally introduced at a Google-hosted event last October in hand with Android 4.0, code-named Ice Cream Sandwich.